Barrow & Nore weekend - November 3rd & 4th - postponed

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Barrow & Nore weekend - November 3rd & 4th - postponed

jackokeeffe
This post was updated on .
Dear brothers and sisters in adventure.....

Of all the places I have seen - one of my favorites is the waterway consisting of the lower Barrow and lower Nore.  This takes one through forests and interesting historical places - so I have been moved to develop a plan to share this wonder and beauty with my Naomhoga Chorcaigh friends.  

The preliminary plan is:

Friday evening November 2nd -
 Load the currachs and I will head of the road to Graiguenamanagh

Saturday 4th
09:30 Meet at the Graiguenamanagh boat club and unload.  
10:00 Coffee and dossing in Graigue while trailer(s) and vehicles are left in Inistioge
11:00 Off we jolly well pop, through four locks to St Mullins Quay
13:00 Arrive St Mullins Quay - more coffee, snacks
13:45 Mott sliding - local St Mullins sport.  Wear waterproof trousers for this bit.
14:30 into the tidal water at St Mullins Quay.  Row with the flow 21 km through beauty
18:30 Arrive New Ross - Dinner, Bed & Breakfast in Kennedy Boutique Hotel

Sunday 5th
09:00 Breakfast and tourism
11:00 Row with the flow 21 km to Inistioge thorough autumn woods.
16:00 Arrive Inistioge to fanfare - enjoy the village (Johnny O'Donnell)
17: 00  Downriver to Slipway and load trailers.
18:00  Dinner in the Otter Bar - Bavarian cuisine - Snitzel to die for
20:00  Have ye no homes to go to? .... or stay overnight as I intend to do.

Monday 6th
19:00  Unload trailers - that's the duty arising from the fun.

The negotiated price for Dinner B&B based on 20 participants is €92 pp, the hotel will reconfigure rooms into twins for our stay.  Allow €8 for towing, and it means the event cost is €100 plus getting there plus coffees and dinner in The Otter. I will firm up on costs when I have numbers and negotiated with hosts.

Inistioge is waiting to welcome us

SO.......
If you want to join me please tell me by email, text, Facebook or brown envelope by Tuesday evening. I need to do a deal with the hotel on Thursday morning first thing.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Barrow & Nore weekend - November 3rd & 4th

Miriam
Hello Jack,

I've already emailed, but in case you don't see it, I'm here as well.........please put my name down. I can tow as well if you need me.

Miriam Murphy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Barrow & Nore weekend - November 3rd & 4th

jimmythegreek
In reply to this post by jackokeeffe
Jack my email refers. I'm interested in in the Saturday with Pamela taking over on Sunday. I'm looking for someone to bring from New Ross to Graignamanagh on the Saturday morning so I can drop my car there if anyone can oblige.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Barrow & Nore weekend - November 3rd & 4th

jackokeeffe
In reply to this post by jackokeeffe
This event may have to be postponed until weekend of November 17th.   I will make a final check of the forecasts tomorrow - Wednesday.  At the moment too much wind and rain is forecast for Sarurday, and Sunday could be bad enough too.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Barrow & Nore weekend - November 3rd & 4th

jackokeeffe
Barrow & Nore weekend postponed until November 17

Too much wind and too much rain about to ensure the planned weekend will be a pleasure - so we will postpone out plan until the weekend of November 17th.

I will send an APB to restart the Expression of interest process.

Thanks to the 26 members who may be a bit disappointed this weekend
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Barrow & Nore weekend - November 3rd & 4th - postponed

Miriam
In reply to this post by jackokeeffe
Hi Jack,

I'd like to put my name down for the next weekend, please. Towing still available, if needed.

Miriam Murphy
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Barrow & Nore weekend - November 3rd & 4th - postponed

Ivan the Terrible
Hi Jack
Unfortunately the 17.11. doesn't suit me, can't make it. Hope you will have nice weather, enjoy :-(((
Ivan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Barrow & Nore weekend - November 3rd & 4th - postponed

jackokeeffe
In reply to this post by Miriam
Thanks....

Can you take three boats?

I plan to drive to Graigunamanagh on Friday 16th in daylight and stay over.  Would you like to do the same?  Similarily I plan to stay over in the van in Inistioge until Monday 

jack 


On Thu, 1 Nov 2018 at 09:32, Miriam [via Naomhoga Chorcai Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jack,

I'd like to put my name down for the next weekend, please. Towing still available, if needed.

Miriam Murphy


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://naomhoga-chorcai-forum.86717.x6.nabble.com/Barrow-Nore-weekend-November-3rd-4th-postponed-tp460p469.html
To start a new topic under Naomhoga Chorcai Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Naomhoga Chorcai Forum, click here.
NAML


--
Jack O'Keeffe
Mob +353 87 2663588
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Barrow & Nore weekend - November 3rd & 4th - postponed

jackokeeffe
In reply to this post by Ivan the Terrible
Too bad.  

Thanks for letting me know

Jack

On Sat, 3 Nov 2018 at 23:37, Ivan the Terrible [via Naomhoga Chorcai Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jack
Unfortunately the 17.11. doesn't suit me, can't make it. Hope you will have nice weather, enjoy :-(((
Ivan


If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://naomhoga-chorcai-forum.86717.x6.nabble.com/Barrow-Nore-weekend-November-3rd-4th-postponed-tp460p471.html
To start a new topic under Naomhoga Chorcai Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Naomhoga Chorcai Forum, click here.
NAML


--
Jack O'Keeffe
Mob +353 87 2663588