Iniscarra Dam flows and levels

jackokeeffe
I just received the following text from Martin Lyons of ESB (Dec 28):

Hi jack our phone service is currently down. You can check our discharges on the ESB website. For the next few days we will be running by day and off by night.Hourly data on levels and flows
are available at https://www.esb.ie/our-businesses/generation-energy-trading-new/hydrometric-information/river-lee

Regards Martin

The new web service give current flows through the dam and water levels above the dams.

Note Flows in cubic meters per second: 5 is minimum, 3 turbines take 25 ea, so full operating is 75 to 80 cumecs, flows this time last year were 300 cumecs including an overspill.

For example -
Regardless of bridge works a drag lines - below half tide there is a hazardous flow at North Gate Bridge, Trinity Bridge and at the Mercy when flows reach 75 cumecs.

80 cumecs at the dam can add ten minutes to the time taken to row a naomhog from Blackrock Castle to Shandon BC

Jack

Re: Iniscarra Dam flows and levels

PaulG
thanks for the info Jack